Monday, April 27, 2009

Two Year Anniversary Tomorrow!

On April 28th, 2009 at 7:40AM it will have been two years since I quit smoking. I'm not sure why we attach such importance to anniversary dates, but for what it's worth I feel better, even with the extra few pounds that a return to appetite brought me. Not to mention that 730 days times $4.00 per day equals $2,920.

Last week I got a new computer - I had just outgrown the old laptop I used to create much of my artwork. The results from the increase in computing power are dramatic, an order of magnitude above where I was before. Rendering a moderate quality image (that is, creating a file on disk from what's on the screen) could take as long as twelve hours with the old unit. With the new computer, a screamin' processor and gobs of RAM shorten that time to about 30 minutes for extremely high resolution images at really big sizes (36" x 48").

I've posted a couple of recent images for your enjoyment. When you have a moment, I've put a fairly comprehensive digital art gallery on Flickr as well, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ChrisLombardiArt

As always, there's lots of recent stuff on http://www.DeviantArt.com/ChrisLombardi if you have any extra time. That site gets a LOT of images posted up, so I wouldn't visit without my AV software at full strength. Additionally, as well meaning as they might be, the folks at Deviant Art.com are either niave, or chose to ignore their advertisers whose banner ads try to re-direct your browser (which personally pisses me off).

Have a great week!

Chris Lombardi
Smoke-free in Denver, CO







No comments:

Post a Comment