Saturday, May 23, 2009

All This Internet Majick

Hi and hope you're whole, happy and well!


The very latest work:


"2137" Copyright Chris Lombardi 2009


Busy, busy, busy! Getting ready for the Denver Annual People's Fair, where I'll get my first experience selling art with nothing between my work and the sky but a tent and a prayer. I needed an artistic break, however, so I took a few moments this evening to finish up a piece that's been stalled for a while, I think it's done now and is presented above for your amusement.



I'm pretty sure that I'm almost ready for this show, in additon to a gob of smaller images, I'll also have two larger works for sale - a couple of my favorites; pigmented ink on canvas at 36" x 24":


"1073" Copyright 2009 by Chris Lombardi



"2107" Copyright 2009 by Chris Lombardi

If you're in Denver, please stop by my booth at the fair on Saturday, June 6th and Sunday June 7th. I have a pretty easy to find space - on the south side of Colfax right where it meets Bannock (by the McNichols Building, near the Seal Pond), you can't miss it! To make it easier, my booth will have a Blue Awning, an a big sign with my name on it. Hope to see you there!

~~~


So, to change the subject, I've been trying to sharpen up my internet skills a bit, in preparation for my new job. Or at least, for the new job interview. Which I don't have yet. Still, in my line of work it's more likely than not that at some point I might have to answer questions about how Internet Stuff works. I found this great 18 minute video presentation which brings the concepts to life in a way even my tired old brain can understand. An introduction to the OSI Model that's worth a watch, if you are so inclined at:

A heartfelt thanks to Professor Messer and the good folks at CompTIA! Good stuff!
~~~
Enjoy art, life.
All my best,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment