Monday, June 29, 2009

Creative Process Variations - Stop and Smell the Linseed

Thanks for taking a moment to take in my ramblings about digital art, life and a few words about the creative process.

I include Linseed in the title as a bit of a joke. Even though I do know what it smells like, and what it's used for, all of my art is created in a virtual studio that lives inside the PC box on my desk. It's not real, until I choose to transfer the abstraction to some physical medium, such a photo emulsion paper or perhaps pigmented ink on canvas. Until that time, it's just a bunch of ones and zero arranged in a cute, artsty way.

This, however, gives me a lot of freedom to explore variations on themes, with the added bonus of creating works that show well in diptych, triptych or larger configurations. Without spending a fortune on Linseed Oil.

The ditital medium also allows me to create variations that while different, all carry the same base mathematics and underlying geometry. As a result, the works seemingly "fit" with each other, and can be naturally arranged to draw on those subliminal currrents.

So, for your enjoyment, some thematic variations (all are available for sale)...
















No comments:

Post a Comment